Sprinkler fitters dedicate their careers to installing fire protection systems in residential, institutional, commercial & industrial settings. Sprinkler fitters inspect, test and maintain these systems on a regular basis. These systems protect people and property 24/7 and sprinklerfitters know there is no room for error.
- Work on all types of fire protection systems in a large assortment of settings
- Work on new construction & system service/modifications, and conduct critical inspections, testing & maintenance
- Read and interpret work specifications and fire codes
- Test systems for leaks using air or liquid pressure equipment
- Service and repair sprinkler systems
- May prepare cost estimates for clients
What You’ll Need
Academic requirements for entry into this trade are not related to high school grade level. If you don’t have Grade 12, contact Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trades Commission to have your academic qualifications assessed.
Approximately 4-5 years, includes Safety, UA Local Apprenticeship and Provincial Apprenticeship training, as well as technical and on-the-job training, and exam. Journeyperson certificate awarded after successful completion. As an apprentice, you also earn while you learn.
Key Skills & Attributes
(technical training and on the job)
- Strong communication skills, reading and numeracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, fire codes & standards
- Strength and stamina
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work at heights