Controlling climate is no easy feat and heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration technicians have the skills to do this every day. They keep our spaces warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and keep us comfortable by designing, maintaining and repairing systems we rely on.
You enjoy working outside & in diverse weather.
You enjoy working at heights.
You have mechanical & mathematical abilities.
- Install and service residential, commercial, industrial & institutional heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration units & systems
- Connect components to an electric power supply and calibrate related controls
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Operate in a clean, ‘green’ manner
Key Skills & Attributes
(technical training and on the job)
- Strong communication skills, reading and numeracy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Physical fitness and strength
- Ability to work with machinery and hand and power tools
What You’ll Need
Approximately 4-5 years, includes Safety, UA Local Apprenticeship and Provincial Apprenticeship training, as well as technical and on-the-job training, and exam. Journeyperson certificate awarded after successful completion. As an apprentice, you also earn while you learn.