Plasterers/cement masons construct, level and finish freshly poured concrete. They install, maintain and restore concrete structures such as foundations, floors, ceilings and walls, sidewalks, roads, patios and high-rise buildings. In this career, work includes residential, commercial, industrial and institutional construction.
You are handy with tools.
You take pride in your finished product.
You are a team player.
- Direct placement of concrete, check formwork and steel reinforcement materials
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specifications
- Apply components to cure, waterproof and restore surfaces
- Use equipment and hand and power tools to create finishes on concrete surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
Key Skills & Attributes
(technical training and on the job)
- Reading, communication, numeracy & problem-solving skills
- Good physical fitness & stamina
- Ability to work outdoors & in diverse weather
- Hand-eye coordination
- Spatial perception & manual dexterity
- Ability to visualize a finished product
What You’ll Need
Academic requirements for entry into this trade are not related to high school grade level. If you don’t have Grade 12, contact Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trades Commission to have your academic qualifications assessed.
There are no study programs in Saskatchewan for Plasterers at this time. Please contact us to find out about pursuing an apprenticeship in this trade.