Labourers are a backbone to construction, working on tasks that help work run smoothly on job sites. They use diverse skills in a variety of construction activities, including preparing construction sites, moving equipment and materials, installing water and sewer lines, operating hand tools, working with concrete, and cleaning up finished sites.
You are looking for variety on the job.
You like working with your hands & with machines.
You are comfortable working at heights & in diverse weather.
- Perform various duties involving tool use, lifting, carrying and managing equipment and machinery
- Install and remove scaffolding, ramps and barricades
- Assist heavy equipment operators in securing and guiding movement of equipment
- Level earth to grade specifications
- Assist in demolishing buildings
- Mix, pour and spread concrete, asphalt and other material
- Help align pipes and other activities during oil and gas pipeline construction
- Operate pneumatic hammers and tampers
Key Skills & Attributes
(technical training and on the job)
- Numeracy, reading, communication, problem-solving
- Physical fitness
- Ability to work in high places
- Ability to work outdoors in diverse weather
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience using power tools & machinery
What You’ll Need
High School: Math level 10 Previous construction experience preferred, but not required.
Includes technical training, on-the-job training and exam. Journeyperson certificate awarded after successful completion. As an apprentice, you also earn while you learn.